Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Shannon O' Toole interviewed with the NFL player and coach's game and wife married to the author

Author: Shannon O & # 39; Toole

ISBN: 0038286252

Thank you for agreeing to participate in our interview.

thank you for your invitation!

Specification:

Shannon, please tell our readers about your personal and professional background.

Shannon:

I received a master's degree in sociology from Western Michigan University. The title of my master's thesis is "Professional football players and attitudes towards women and violence." When I was 19 years old and played softball at Western Michigan University, I met John Morton. For the past 14 years, John has been involved in professional football. He played for 5 years and now he is a coach. [In February 2006, he signed a two-year contract with the New Orleans Saints as their "passing game assistant"]. My academic background and my personal experience have made me very interested in the theme of NFL women.

Specification:

How can your master's degree in sociology help you with research and writing books?

Shannon:

It helps a lot. It is an excellent subject for reviewing social issues and dynamics. In this book, I delve into gender discrimination and racism in the context of professional football. Sociology has made me see the social injustice and injustice, which made me a woman today.

Specification:

What is the underline message or theme of the game: What is the real life of NFL women?

Shannon:

The message is clear: these women are not stereotyped light gold mining Barbie dolls. They are sharp, strong murder and self-righteous. They are multi-tasking, talented women who accept and overcome the challenges that NFL life poses to them. In fact, if they are harder than those who participate in and train the game, they will become difficult. The proportion of women who are suitable for negative stereotypes may be less than 10% - and these types of women have never lasted for a long time. Those who learn to cope with the NFL's immune difficulties will become stubborn, resilient and intelligent survivors.

Specification:

Do you believe that the sampling of the interview is enough to draw some of your conclusions?

Shannon:

I did this mainly because I was very cautious in choosing women who had lived in the NFL. When I talked to Jerry Rice, who was married to Jerry Rice, I also interviewed a girlfriend of a rookie free agent. She was just jumping her boyfriend on the list so they could be at the baby. Get health insurance at birth. 39; born. Finally, when I started to hear the same answers to countless questions, I knew there were enough samples. We are really a sister meeting with a unique professional sports life experience.

Specification:

Why do you feel the need to write this book?

Shannon:

Quote the foreword:

When I started studying this book, I had a few ulterior motives. Although I have been working in the NFL for 12 years now, and I am very aware of what this life is like, I am also looking for advice and hard-won wisdom from women who have found a solution. I am still struggling for the life I choose, so I want to know: How do other women deal with the NFL? How do they meet and survive? What is their experience?

I know that these women don't conform to stereotypes. I hope other people know.

Specification:

Can you explain some of your research skills and how do you find the source of your book? I noticed that there was an absence at the end of the book of the selected book. What is the reason for this omission?

Shannon:

Quote the foreword:

I sent an anonymous survey to more than 150 women and received an amazing 75 responses. In these 75 responses, I chose 30 women for in-depth interviews. Their store forms the core of the book. About half are willing to record and have their names used, and about half want to remain anonymous. In the initial anonymous survey, I asked for a statement about the lives of countless NFLs with "strict consent, mild consent, disagreement, or disapproval." These answers form the basis of some general statements and conclusions about women's off-site life. Then, during my thirty-one-one interview, I received comprehensive, in-depth answers to these often difficult and complex questions.

Regarding the absence of a bibliography, there is currently very little literature on professional sports spouses. Most of the published works are erotic novels that only perpetuate unfair stereotypes. My book is the only book on the market [I know], and this is all and part of the sociological research that insiders tell.

Specification:

What obstacles did you encounter when writing and researching your book?

Shannon:

There are almost no obstacles in the research process. I am amazed at the will and enthusiasm of women who are willing to talk about their experiences. They want to talk not only about good times, but also about their most horrible and unbearable experiences. NFL women are almost ignored by the public and the media, and I find that they have something to say and they want to be heard.

Difficulties have arisen in the writing process. Before I started writing this book, I was very naive about writing art. I don't have much difficulty with the tasks that IDEA has written. Writing well is a real skill and I didn't get the necessary training. I lost the number of major changes. But I do have a goal to see my name on the cover of the book, and I am completely and completely determined to achieve this goal. [I also have a husband's coach who knows all the right motivational buttons!] Like millions of writers, my advice was rejected again and again before I finally found the home of the University of Nebraska Press. Even then, I needed an excellent external development editor, Jeff Campbell's skills in San Francisco. I have always paid for him for the wonderful things he has done with my manuscript.

It took me five years from the start of the study to the final product. That is a long time. But the feeling of self-realization that I have now makes every day of these five years worthwhile.

Specification:

What is the feedback so far? What are your expectations for this book?

Shannon:

From inside and outside the football world, favorable feedback is huge. Andrew Yardley of the Washington Post said that "holding the game" is a "smart, well-thought-out book." Feedback from NFL Women includes phrases such as "What do you really like about our lives" and "valuable information for novice wives/girlfriends." According to a woman who married a player, the central theme is "know that although the story may be different, many of our experiences are the same, which is gratifying."

Even women who are not game enthusiasts can refer to many of the questions in the book, such as frequent relocations or dealing with partners for a long time - which is common in today's American work culture.

Currently, I am talking to two TV producers interested in the NFL Wives theme. Check out my website for updates on these items.

Of course, I hope this book will continue to be popular and will one day become a bestseller list. . . With the help of Oprah. [smile]

Specification:

What is Shannon O' Toole's next step is what you want to add that we didn't cover?

Shannon:

My dream is to implement and promote the NFL Women's Mentoring Program. The program's mission is to reduce stress and uncertainty, thereby increasing the life satisfaction of new women by formalizing them to connect with experienced veterans' wars/important others. In these relationships, experienced NFL women provide advice, answer questions, and guide their trainees to develop skills and methods to replicate the unique aspects of NFL life. I am currently working with the Alliance Office and NFLPA to provide this project within the alliance.

In the near future, John and I look forward to helping people and animals affected by Hurricane Katrina. "Recover, Rebuild, Rebirth" and GO SAINTS!

*Note: Hurricane Katrina dogs and cats continue to need to love home. Please visit: http://www.petfinder.com to use one of the description animals.




Orignal From: Shannon O' Toole interviewed with the NFL player and coach's game and wife married to the author

No comments:

Post a Comment