I finished Vincent M. Mallozzi's "Doc: The Rise and Rise of Julius Erving" last weekend and I have to say that I really like to read it. This made me back to the time when I was a fan of Dr. J. I tried my best to get my basketball into the basket because I couldn't dunk. Dr. J is one of my favorite basketball players and still does. So yes, I really like to read this book.
This book is really written by fans for fans. On the penultimate page, the author wrote: "Unfortunately, Owen does not want to participate in this project [the representative of Irving and his ex-wife, turquoise, and their children, but most of them are not back], because the whole The book is basically a huge lover of one of his biggest fans. "This is a good summary, what is wrong with this? Dr. J, Julius Owen, has a large number of fans, I believe many people will like to be brought back to those glorious days like me.
Does this book clarify what has not been provided? Probably not, but the author did a lot of research and talked to people and concentrated them all in one source. Is there any inaccuracy? Maybe, but with anyone talking about anything that happened in the past, you will ignore the inaccuracies. It happened.
Much of the book's content is focused on Irving's basketball career. From his beginning, through the ABA to him to withdraw from the NBA. Mallozzi is a good description of the exciting performance of the legendary Dr. J. When I first saw the dunks they had on TV, the book made me look back. Other stories make me want to record ABA matches and street games in New York.
The final part of the book gives a brief introduction to some of the things that Irving retired. Most of this part is not as likable or heroic as his feat on the basketball court. Regarding his comeback one-on-one game lost in Karim, marriage issues include illegitimate children, divorce and troubles for his children. To be honest, I don't like to read this fabulous dunk about him and his professionalism and balance in the game and the people who play with him. He is a hero in childhood, and I like that part more. Of course, I know that he is a human being and has his shortcomings. We are not all? I just like to read positive factors in his life instead of being negative. I am very happy that the authors put them in the book because they are part of Julius Erving, but I am also very happy that these elements only make up a small part of the entire text.
If you are a fan of Dr. J., I recommend this book. If you want to learn a history of players who grab basketball like everyone else and still consider it to be one of the greatest players of all time, check out this book. For me, I am very happy to see it. It made me look back to help me relive the memories of childhood basketball heroes.
Orignal From: The rise and rise of Doc - Vincent M Mallozi's Julius Erving
No comments:
Post a Comment